The Church of St. Helen is a Diocese of Cleveland Congregation residing in the rural township of Newbury. A pastoral setting and quiet is the attraction of new homeowners moving to this Geauga County town. The resulting growth is requiring both public and private schools to expand to meet the growing challenges of the population. St. Helen’s has embarked on a master-planning and expansion program that will permit the growth of their Church and School over the next 10 years. Their current school is in an outdated 1940’s building, and within the next five years their school will grow from 1 class per grade to 2. studioTECHNE has worked with the building committee to plan for the renovation of the existing facilities - upgrading mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, and for an addition which will expand the school to 2 classes per grade, and provide for specialty classrooms including - science, music, life skills, computers, gymnasium and a new library. Additionally, the congregation requires a Life Teen area and a Social Hall for 300. The masterplan takes advantage of the steep topography of the site (changes of up to sixty feet) allowing the building to follow the natural curve of the site and step up into the hill. Classrooms will focus around the courtyard with playgrounds sited adjacent to the new gymnasium. Groundbreaking is scheduled for spring 2004. The first phase of the master plan is the construction of a new 900 seat sanctuary, replacing their current sanctuary which was a converted barn.